- Tuesday Sunrise Yoga, 5:30 am
- Tuesday Young Yogis, 4:15 pm
- Wednesday Sunrise Yoga, 5:30 am
- Thursday Young Yogis, 4:15 pm
- Friday Sunrise Yoga, 5:30 am
My journey into Yoga began 10 years ago at the age of 49. I attended my first PIYO certification course followed by Level I yoga with YogaFit. I have since then completed 200 hours for my RYT all through YogaFit. I am currently pursuing my certification for “Yoga for Warriors” (PTSD). In addition to Yoga, my second love is Pilates and the mix of the two is a body changer.
- Sunday Hot Yoga, 10 am
- Thursday Rise and Shine Hot Yoga, 5:30 am
- Thursday Hot Yoga, 5:15 pm
- Friday Lunchtime Pilates, 12:00 pm
Hello! I’m the owner of Gather Wellness Studio and our resident belly dance and Young Yogis instructor. I started practicing yoga in college and have returned to yoga to help heal from back injuries, childbirth, and daily stress. I have been belly dancing since 2009 and am the troupe director of Banduri Tribal Belly Dance, a Fat Chance Belly Dance® certified Sister Studio. I believe yoga, dance, and movement should be accessible to all bodies, ages, and experience levels and love working with students to find their personal spark. I’ve called Cass County my home since 2005, where I was blessed to teach at Peculiar Elementary for twelve years. Currently I reside in Peculiar with my husband, our two daughters, and two spoiled cats.
- Level 2/3 Belly Dance, Sundays 5:00 pm
- Level 1 Belly Dance, Sundays 6:15 pm
- Young Yogis, Tuesdays 4:15 pm
- Young Yogis, Thursdays 5:15 pm
I’ve been taking Yoga for about 10 years. I began teaching about a year ago. I feel stronger than I’ve ever been and it keeps me sane! Yoga is a great way to stay in tune with your body.
- Beginner/Chair Yoga Combo, Mondays 1:00 pm
- Beginner/Chair Yoga Combo, Wednesdays 1:00 pm
- Beginner/Chair Yoga Combo, Fridays 1:00 pm
Namaste! I have been practicing yoga for over seven years. In 2017 I received my 200hr training with Core Power Yoga and immediately dove into teaching as a career. Yoga has been a powerful tool in my life to heal from anorexia nervosa and exercise addiction. I am passionate about the gift of movement for holistic wellness, and hope to inspire others to make peace with their bodies and find their inner power. I teach Vinyasa Flow style classes with a focus on bringing yoga principles off our mats for total positive life transformation. Come play, laugh and move!
- Vinyasa Flow, Tuesdays 5:30 pm
- Vinyasa Flow, Wednesdays 5:30 pm
- Slow Flow Vinyasa, Fridays 5:30 pm
Shannon Layton had been doing yoga on and off throughout her life when an autoimmune illness hit her hard 10 years ago. Yoga was a path to mobility and calming of the mind. After many years of private practice she completed her 200 RYS teacher training through Kansas City Yoga Teacher’s program in 2017. She has taught in Lee Summit at Core Balance and In Harrisonville. Raymore has been her home for many years, including owning the salon Shannon’s Place until giving it up to pursue teaching yoga, moving to the country and cutting back to styling hair 4 days a week.
- Monthly Restorative Workshop, 1st Sunday of each month, 12-2 pm
- Yoga Basics, Mondays 9:30 am
- Yoga Basics, Tuesdays 9:30 am
- Yoga Basics, Saturdays 8:00 am
Beth, co-founder of Free & Fierce Collective, is a practicing yoga instructor and reiki master. She uses an energetic and passionate approach to connect with others and help them on their own personal journey to greater health and healing.
- Weekend Deep Stretch, Saturdays 10:45 am
Jacqueline Penny has worked in the highly stressful legal world for over 20 years. She is also the mother of two active kids. She searched for many years to find a better way to handle life’s stress. Approximately five years ago, Jacqueline began practicing Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. Since that time she has noticed a huge difference in her ability to handle work related stress, family demands and the pressures of life in general. She attributes this change in her ability to learning the techniques of Kundalini Yoga. Three years ago, Jacqueline began studying at the Sat Tirath Ashram in Kansas City as well as with other instructors across the country. Once she was able to see the huge transformations in her own life, she decided she would like to share the teachings with others. Come join Jacqueline on a journey to discover the potential that lies within each of us.
- Kundalini Yoga, Mondays 5:45 am
- Kundalini Yoga, Wednesdays 6:30 pm
- Kundalini Yoga, Saturdays 9:15 am